Date of last update: 8 March 2019
Welcome to lelabofragrances.com (the "Site").
The Site is owned and operated by Le Labo Holding LLC (a Delaware limited liabilitycompany with its principal place of business at 7 Corporate Center Drive, Melville, NY 11747, USA("we", "us", or "our").Le Labo Holding LLC is a subsidiary of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
By placing an order with us for goods which are sold on the Site (our "Products") you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreedto these Terms and Conditions of Sale. Pursuant to applicable laws relating to e-signature, the placing of an order as detailed below shall be deemed electronic signing and evidence of the order and the amount due. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully and, if you are unhappy with any aspect of these, you may not make a purchase on the Site.
Eligibility to purchase Products from the Site
You must be at least 18 years old in order to make a purchase on the Site. If you areunder 18 years old then you must have parental consent to make a purchase on the Site. For the avoidance of doubt; the purchase of Products through the Site is strictly limited to parties who can lawfully enter into and form contracts with us on the Site.
Accuracy of information on the Site
We will take all reasonable professional care to ensure that all details, descriptions, images of Products appearing on the Site are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the colors, information or other content available on the Site are accurate or complete. Images of Products are illustrative only; the packaging may vary from that shown. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the color of the Products that appear on the Site; however, as the actual colors you see will depend on your personal computer equipment, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will accurately reflect the color of the Products on delivery. The Site may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted) and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. Please note that such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to pricing and availability and we reserve the right to cancel or refuse to accept any order placed based on incorrect pricing or availability information. The information on Products available on the Site is provided in accordance with local laws.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may make changes to these Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms and Conditions of Sale were last updated. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms and Conditions of Sale in force at the time of your order will apply to your contract of sale. If we revise these Terms and Conditions of Sale and this has a material impact on your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you knowhow to cancel the order if you are not happy with the changes.
Merchant of Record and your contract of sale
Orders made on the Site will be processed and fulfilled either by us or by one of our affiliates in the country associated with the delivery address for the order (a "Local Affiliate"). For those countries served by a Local Affiliate, the Local Affiliate will be the Merchant of Record for (and will be responsible for fulfilling) your order and you will be entering into a contract of sale with that Local Affiliate(and not with us). For example, if you live in the United States but are having your order shipped to Mexico, the order will be served by a Local Affiliate and notbe us.
These are the merchants of record by country:
|MERCHANT OF RECORD||DELIVERY COUNTRY|
|Estée Lauder Cosmetics Limited with company number 00659213 and with its registered office address at One Fitzroy, 6 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ, United Kingdom||United Kingdom (including England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Northern Ireland, Jersey and Guernsey)|
|ELCO S.A.S. with company number 4129441 and with its registered office address at 40 / 48 rue Cambon,Paris 75001, France)||France|
|Estee Lauder Cosmetics NV with company number 0403769032 and with its registered office addressat Airport Plaza-Kyoto Building, Leonardo Da Vincilaan 19, 1831 Diegem, Belgium||Andorra|
|Hong Kong, SAR China|
|Macao, SAR China|
|Republic of Ireland|
|Taiwan, Republic of China|
|United Arab Emirates|
|Le Labo Holding LLC with company number 4129441 and with its principal place of business at 7 Corporate Center Drive, Melville, NY 11747, USA||United States|
Prices for all Products are set by the relevant Local Affiliate and will be shown and charged in USD/EUR/GDP in line with the currency selected by the Local Affiliate.
The price of your order will be quoted including or excluding taxes depending on thedelivery address:
Shipping costs are not included in the price except for orders of 1.5ml samples only (which will be automatically shipped by the local postal services). The shipping costs willbe added at the checkout and will be indicated as a separate charge on your order form.
Prices on the Site may be modified at any time and without notice.
The price on the Site at the time of ordering will apply to your order unless there is an error or inaccuracy or typographical error in a price, in which case we reserve the right to cancel or refuse to accept any order placed based on incorrect pricing information. You would be notified of any such decision.
Payment to the Local Affiliate will be authorized at the online checkout upon order but your card will not be charged until shipment occurs. No order can be dispatched without confirmation from the relevant bank that your payment has been received. Online payment is accepted exclusively by Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit or debit cards.
You confirm that the credit/debit card being used is yours. Please note that all credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the issuer of the card. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to pay or does not for any reason authorize payment, neither we nor the Local Affiliate will be liable for any delay or non-delivery of Products. We/Local Affiliate retain(s) the legal ownership of all Products until full payment has been made by you and received by us and legal ownership of the Products will immediately transfer back to us if we refund any payment for the Products to you. Risk in the Products transfers to you upon shipment.
By submitting your order on the Site, you expressly authorize usto perform the payment card authorization and, strictly for legitimate purposes and to the extent permitted under applicable regulations, to transmit or to obtain information (including any updated information) about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to your payment card number, to authenticate your identity, to validate your payment card, to obtain a payment card authorization and to authorize individual purchase transactions.
For your security, your billing name and address must match that of the credit card used for payment. Online payment uses the SSL protocol, the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders, which offers maximum security. The information transmitted is entirely coded, is not seen nor stored, and is not shared with anyone.
You own a Product once payment in full has been received by the Local Affiliate.
Confirmation of the amount paid will be provided in a Dispatch Confirmation email and on a paper invoice included in your package.
Placing an order
You can place an order on the Site by adding Products to your basket and following the checkout process. Before placing an order you may always correct any errors you entered, change the basket contents, by adding or removing one or more Products from the basket, or cancel the entire order during checkout before sending your order. You will also have an opportunity to review and edit all of the details of your order, including billing and shipping information, prior toconfirming your purchase.
Once you have placed an order on the Site, the Local Affiliate will notify you by email to acknowledge receipt of your order and to provide you with an order number. If the Local Affiliate is unable to fulfil your order following this acknowledgement, you will be contacted by email or telephone advising you of this. Acceptance of your order will be confirmed by an email that confirms that the Products have been dispatched ("Dispatch Confirmation"). A legally binding contract between you andthe Local Affiliate will be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (or, in the unlikely event that a Dispatch Confirmation is not sent due to a processing error, when the Local Affiliate dispatches the Products to you). If you require any information concerning your order, please contact the relevant Local Affiliate quoting your order number.
Your order may not be accepted if a Product you have ordered is out of stock, if there is a Product or pricing error, or if your payment is declined (or otherwise not authorized). Where permitted by applicable law, please note that we and our Local Affiliates reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time prior to Dispatch Confirmation.
If you wish to make a change to the Products you have ordered please contact the relevant Local Affiliate via our Contact Us pagewho will let you know if the change is possible and, if it is, any changes to the price of the Product, the timing of supply or anything elsewhich would be necessary as a result of your requested change. You will be asked to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If the change cannot be made, or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you can cancel thecontract in accordance with section 2or 24.3below. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the right to make changes to the Products you have ordered may not apply to perfumes andcandles as these Products are made to your specification and have been personalized. Orders for perfumes and candles may not be cancelled under section 24.2or 24.3below.
A Product will be your responsibility from the time it is shipped to the shipping address you provided.
The Products available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the Products or samplesyou purchase or otherwise receive from us.
We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or Products to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
Returns: Cancellation Rights
USA Customers only
- Le Labo sales are final. If you are unsure, please try our creations (Products) before committing, via our discovery program available online and in our Le Labo labs. Should you have any questions or have a concern about a Products you’ve purchased, please consult our team or contact us at [email protected].
UK Customers only
- We hope that you are delighted with your order, however, because you are a UK consumer, you have a legal right to cancel your contract under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. The cancellation period is ninety (90) days from the date you receive the Products. This means that if during that period you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify the Local Affiliate of your decision to cancel the contract and receive a refund. The right to return Products under this section 24.2 does not apply to perfumes and candles as these Products are made to your specification and have been personalized (unless there is non-conformity or the Product is defective). The right to return Products also does not apply where sealed goods have been supplied which are not suitable for returndue to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery.
- To cancel a contract, you just need to let the Local Affiliate know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is by contacting them via our Contact Us page, quoting your order number.
- If you have already received the Products that form the cancelled contract, you would be required to return the Products to the Local Affiliate in order to be eligible for refund. In this case, you must complete the cancellation form enclosed with your order and return it with the Products to the address stated on the cancellation form. When returning Products please obtain a proof of postage (neither we nor our Local Affiliates accept responsibility for returned goods lost in transit). You will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us, unless the Product is non-compliant with your statutory rights (see (g) below for more information). The Products must be returned:
- Without undue delay and not later than ninety (90) days after the date of cancellation (please note that if you send your cancellation form by email or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send the email or post it);
- In the original (if possible) and adequately sealed and protective packaging;
- In accordance with any labelling and packaging guidelines produced by your local courier (including any regulations relevant to fragrance Products).
- If you have already received the Products that form the cancelled contract, but do not send off such Products to the Local Affiliate within ninety (90) business days of notifying them of cancellation, they shall be entitled to withhold payment of any refund.
- If you cancel your contract, the Local Affiliate will:
- Refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, as permitted by law, your refund may be reduced to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (oryou can choose to have such Products returned to you within ninety (90) days of a notification of intention to make a deduction). If you are refunded the price paid before the Products are inspected by us or our Local Affiliate, and it is later discovered that youhave handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay an appropriate amount to theLocal Affiliate.
- Refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method offered.